Before booking the Salkantay Trek, please read the following information carefully:
1. Make sure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months after the date that you enter Peru.
2. Fill out the Salkantay trek booking information. We will contact you as soon as possible (within 24 hours) to confirm your Salkantay Trek booking, accommodation and assist you in customizing a unique package.
Please specify if you would require the services of an extra pack horse or any other additional items like sleeping bag or walking poles.
3. Payment : We require a US$250 per person deposit for all treks. The remaining balance must be paid before the starting date of the trek. You can pay the balance requesting the agent, in charge of your account, an invoice to be paid online with credit card or PayPal. You will proceed with your payments through our secure server. We accept all major credit card payments, including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. We also accept e-checks, wire transfer or direct deposits.
4. We recommend you to arrive in Cusco 2 or 3 days before Salkantay trek departure date to ensure that you are well acclimatized to the high altitude.
5. Student discounts: This discount is made to the Machupicchu Entrance ticket by the Peruvian Government. If you are claiming a student discount you must email us a scanned copy of your Student ID card (containing photo, complete name, college name and expiration date) after proceeding with the booking form. If you cannot provide us with a scanned copy of the card we will charge you the standard adult trek price. Recent Government policy for getting this discount also includes: Student must be under 26 years old, student card expiration date must be no later than one year after the start of your trek, it does not have to be linked to a credit card (e.g. showing Visa, MasterCard, etc.), Graduated student Cards and ISIC cards are not valid. Only Student ID cards with these features are acceptable. You must take the Student ID card with you on the Salkantay Trek as it will be checked. Unfortunately no other form of student id is acceptable.
6. Child discounts: Children under 16 years old receive the same discount as an student. If you are claiming a child discount you must email us a scanned copy of your child's passport (page containing photo and date of birth) after proceeding with the booking form. If you cannot provide us with a scan of your child's passport we will charge you the standard adult trek price for your child.
IMPORTANT: Bookings for Single travelers are accepted for the Salkantay Trek group service.